Five people, including three children, died on Friday, June 23 after being electrocuted at a water park in northwest Turkey.
Turkey’s Doğan news agency reported that three children were caught up in an electrical current in the pool.
According to media reports, the owners of the park were also electrocuted when they attempted to rescue the children.
— Doğan Haber Ajansı (@dhainternet) June 23, 2017
#Breaking Five people have died after being electrocuted at a water park pool in north-west Turkey, according to reports
— Press Association (@PA) June 23, 2017
According to Sky News sources, the 58-year-old owner of the aqua park and his 30-year-old son are among the dead.
According to a Turkish gendarmerie officials, they said there was no residual current device (RCD) installed at the aqua park after inspecting the scene – an RCD is a device that instantly cuts all electricity to prevent serious harm from an ongoing electric shock.
It is reported that an employee at the water park manually cut the electricity to the building.
The incident happened Friday afternoon in the town of Akayazi.